Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Craft Show #1



So no one said "Ewww". Lots of nice people stopped to look through a few things, and a few of them even bought my stuff.
There was even a tour bus. Actually it was my dad's RV for his garage band, The Trophy Husbands. So doesn't count.

It was surprisingly a lot of work just to put together the display. Ryan helped me out by making a photo album of my work and Dad printed out some business cards for me.


I managed to sell my cup cake oven mitts and a copy of my tote bag pattern. I was pretty excited to make enough for my gas plus a bit more.

One customer was totally taken with the quilt top I borrowed from my piecer-but-non-quilter mom. She wanted to buy it but Mom gets a bit attached to her "babies"! She needed time to get used to the idea.

All in all, it was a positive experience. Learned lots, and I have too many ideas for the next time around. I'll never get rich at it, but it was tons of fun!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! Next time have a craft show at home and I'll go.

    ReplyDelete